Become a Member
Live Run Log
Sun Oct, 21 2018 @ 15:14
Nature: Unknown Problem
Location: Dist: Dist: 10.2 Ft Unit 2 Pennington Estates - Food Lion
Address: 11007 Manklin Creek Rd Berlin, MD 21811
Sun Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:22
Nature: Medical Emergency
Listen to live fireground operations from the Worcester County Communications CenterListen Now>>
Become a Member
FIREFIGHTERS / ASSOCIATE / CADETS / AUXILIARY
Become a member of the Ocean Pines Volunteer Fire Department and support the Ocean Pines Community. There is no better feeling than being able to help someone in their time of need, and there's no better way to do that than through becoming a Firefighter, a Cadet, an Associate or an Auxiliary member of the department. Being a volunteer takes hard work, commitment, and dedication, however, the rewards are priceless.
How do I become an Ocean Pines Volunteer Fire Department Member?
- Download our application and return it, completed, to the South Station located at 911 Ocean Parkway.
- After returning your completed application, you will interview with the membership committee.
- You must possess a valid Maryland license or Identification card and ALL Firefighters must pass a criminal background check.
What Happens Once I Join?
- The Ocean Pines Volunteer Fire Department will provide you with training and gear for free.
- You will attend Firefighter I class - this is approx 120 hours, and is usually completed in 1-2 class increments per week depending on the instructor.
- You may go on to attend further classes and training that you may wish to pursue after completion of Firefighter I.
- This is very rewarding, challenging and satisfying; you will be joining a great second family.
- Being a volunteer is a great way to give back to your community!
We thank you in advance for considering membership with our organization.