Become a Member
Live Run Log
Tue Apr, 24 2018 @ 17:33
Nature: Appliance Fire
Location: Bay Colony
Address: 37 Drawbridge Rd Berlin, MD 21811
Mon Apr, 23 2018 @ 21:40
Nature: Medical Emergency
Listen to live fireground operations from the Worcester County Communications CenterListen Now>>
Become a Member
Becoming a member of the Ocean Pines Volunteer Fire Department will be an adventure that you will remember for the rest of your life. There is no better feeling than being able to help someone in their time of need, and there's no better way to do that than through becoming a volunteer firefighter. Being a volunteer firefighter takes hard work, commitment and dedication, however the rewards are priceless.
How do I become an Ocean Pines Volunteer Fire Department Member?
- You must live in Ocean Pines.
- You must be 18 years of age. Cadets can be between the age of 14-18
- You must pass a criminal background check.
- You must possess a valid Maryland license or Identification card.
- Download our application and return it, completed, to the South Station located at 911 Ocean Parkway.
- After returning your completed application, you will interview with the membership commitee.
What Happens Once I Join?
- The Ocean Pines Volunteer Fire Department will provide you with training and gear for free.
- You will attend Firefighter I class - this is approx 120 hours, and is usually completed in 1-2 class increments per week depending on the instructor.
- You may go on to attend further classes and training that you may wish to pursue after completion of Firefighter I.
- This is very rewarding, challenging and satisfying; you will be joining a great second family.
- Being a volunteer is a great way to give back to your community!
We thank you in advance for considering membership with our organization.